Been the largest organ, skins are alive and needs to be taken care of. There are so many skin problems, dry skin must be the commonest one. How to prevent dry skin is really an important issue in all the times. Here are a few tips.
1. Dry skin may be the result of just not getting enough water, so drink as much water as you can to keep the skin hydrated and prevent dry skin. Raw and fresh fruits and vegetables are recommended.
2. If your skin is feeling a little dull or dry, try eating plenty of nuts, especially almonds and walnuts.
3. Getting enough sleep is probably the simplest thing you can do to prevent dry skin, because that is when the skin cells renew themselves best.
4. For preventing dry skin, you should avoid hot water bath as well as bubble bath. Hot water robs your skin off its natural oils, causing dry skin. The bath or shower should be in warm rather than hot water for preventing dry skin.
5. After your bath or shower, do not rub your skin in a rough manner to dry your body. Instead, gently pat your skin dry with a towel so that some moisture remains. Apply a moisturizer right after bathing to keep moisture in the skin. In fact, you should apply body oil before drying for best results.
6. Those with dry skin should also take special care to avoid sun exposure. Protect your skin from harmful UV rays by wearing sunscreen.
7. Do not try to remove make-up using water and soap. You may use a good quality cleansing milk for gently removing impurities and make-up without drying the skin.
8. Another factor to consider is the clothes that you wear. Synthetics like wool or scratchy fibers will only aggravate dry skin, especially for those who have sensitive skin. Choose clothing made of soft fabrics like cotton.
9. Stress also may cause dry skin. Try to remain stress-free to prevent too many skin problems including dry skin.
10. It is advisable to quit smoking and limit intake of alcohol for preventing dry skin, as harmful elements in them cause dry skin.