1. Know Your Skin Type. Your type will be classified as dry, oily, or combination. Look for products that specifically deal with your particular type.
2. Drink Plenty of Water. Your skin is the biggest organ of your body and it requires a lot of water in order to be at its best. This is one of the most important tips for overall best skin care.
3. Cleanse the skin twice a day. When bathing or cleansing your face, use lukewarm water instead of very hot or very cold water because both of those may damage the skin as well.
4. Treat your skin gently. Never rub, but gently massage the cleanser into your face using upward circular motions.
5. Use a moisturizer. Choose a moisturizer that is right for your skin type and apply it over damp skin. Also ensure it's a good quality product that contains the necessary nutrients for best skin care.
6. NEVER use body soap on the face. This type of soap is meant for use below the neck. Only use cleansers that are made for the face because they are much more gentle on your skin.
7. Use Sunscreen. This point cannot be stressed enough. Using sunscreen will protect your skin against the harmful UV radiation from the sun.
8. Exercise and get plenty of sleep. Lack of sleep and lack of exercise are both causes of sagging skin and wrinkles. Both exercise and sleep will help you to overcome any stress in your life which makes you look and feel better.
9. Don't ignore skin conditions. Be sure to pay attention to your skin and if you notice any abnormalities, consult your dermatologist immediately.
10. Try to beat stress. Though we all have stress in our lives, there are ways to lessen it. Understand that stress is harmful in so many ways to your health and to your appearance. It will harm the skin as well so be mindful of this and try to do things to help lessen the stress in your life.